Zentyal Development Team is glad to announce the second part of the additional Zentyal 3.0 documentation for deploying Samba 4/Kerberos correctly. The new documentation explains “How to carry out a total migration from Windows Server to Zentyal Server” and clarifies why it is currently not possible to “Combine Master/Slave and Samba domains“.
The additional Samba4 documentation for Zentyal 3.0 now includes the following scenarios:
- Deploying an standalone Zentyal server with Samba 4 domain
- Deploying multiple Zentyal servers as additional domain controllers
- Joining an existing Windows server using Zentyal
- Total migration from Windows Server to Zentyal Server
- Combining Master/Slave and Samba domains with Zentyal
All this documentation and necessary Zentyal server packages have been updated to correspond to the recent Samba 4.0.3 release. If you are missing some specific information, please do request it through the Forum or if you come up with any incidents, please do report them through Trac.