Zentyal releases a new version of their popular Linux Server with full native Microsoft® Outlook Compatibility.
Zentyal Development Team is proud to announce Zentyal Server 4.2, a new release of the Zentyal Open Source Linux email and groupware solution, natively compatible with Microsoft Outlook® clients.
The Zentyal 4.2 release focuses on providing an improved and stable server edition with native Microsoft® Exchange protocols implementation and Active Directory interoperability, with the goal of providing a complete and easy-to-use Small Business Server, with native support for mixed IT environments that include Windows®, Linux and Mac OS® clients, as well as mobile devices with ActiveSync®. Thanks to this, Zentyal server 4.2 offers full native Microsoft® Outlook Compatibility without plugins or connectors.
Besides focusing primarily on mail and mail-related directory features, additional improvements have also taken place. It will come with all the latest updates from Ubuntu 14.04.3. As a starred feature, it will integrate Samba 4.3.1, with lots of improvements for Active Directory services and support for Windows ® 8.1 and the newest Windows® 10. The installer has been upgraded to support newer network interfaces.
Apart from that, the release is focused on bugfixing and improvements for the Outlook-compatible Mail & Groupware Exchange replacement.
Zentyal Server 4.2. Technical features:
Mail & Groupware
- Improved stability and scalability
- No plugins or connectors needed client-side
- Support for Microsoft® Outlook 2007 and 2010
- Server settings autodiscover
- Autorefresh and desktop notifications (commercial version only)
- Outlook® Anywhere HTTPS access
- Global address list
- ActiveSync® support for mobile devices
- Web access: mail, calendars and contacts
- Standard mail protocols: IMAPS, POP3S, SMTPS, CalDav.
- Samba 4.3.1 – AD compatible directory
- Main and additional Domain Controller operation modes
- Ability to join Windows® 2008, 2008R2 and 2012 functional level domains
- Windows client support from Windows® XP to Windows® 10
To migrate from Zentyal 4.1 to 4.2, you only need to upgrade your 4.1 installation to the last available packages once they are released (few days after the release date) and a button will appear on the dashboard.
Zentyal Server 4.2 is released under the GPLv2 and is available for download at:
The Zentyal Server source code is available at:
The detailed Zentyal Server 4.2 release announcement is available at:
Free 30-day Trial of Zentyal Server 4.2 is available upon request at:
Full list of Zentyal 4.2 features is available at: